E-Portfolio

Teaching Philosophy

I believe education is about more than just content mastery. Education is also about empowering students with the tools they need to thrive once they graduate high school. I aim to cultivate a learning environment that encourages critical thinking and cooperation as well as an environment in which students feel safe. In my classroom, I will encourage critical thinking through in class discussion and encourage cooperation through in-class group assignments. The mental health of students is just as important as academic achievement. In my classroom, I will have different seating options available and a break area where students who may be stressed out or anxious can go to relax before returning to their work. In addition to this, I will also include lessons focusing on developing the social-emotional skills of the students. I view the school experience as one of the largest influences shaping youth. Therefore, I believe that the mission of educators is to provide a fulfilling and positive school experience.